Mother’s day is an exceptional time of the year when you get to honor and celebrate your 1st best friend. Mothers hold a special and unique place in our hearts. They shape us to be the best versions of ourselves, protected us, guided us, comforted us, and loved us unconditionally. I have compiled 40 Mother’s day quotes that describes the beauty of motherhood because it is important to know the unwavering love a mother has for her child.
Let’s show our love and appreciation for all the wonderful women in our lives. Show your mom, grandma, sisters, aunts, and friends how special they are. For being flawed yet so strong.
Here are 40 Mother’s Day Quotes that describe the beauty of motherhood:
- “Behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begins.” – Mitch Albom
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – James E. Faust
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
- “Mother’s love is peace.” – Eric Fromm
- “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.” – Author Unknown
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” – Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish Proverb
- “The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.” – Elaine Heffner
- “No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.” – Edwin Chapin
- “You are evidence of your mother’s strength.” – Criss Jami
- “To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language.” – Arlene Benedict
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” – Milton Berle
- “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” – Emily Dickson
- “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.” – St. Therese of Lisieux
- “She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great – but how to laugh through it.” – Liza Minnelli
- “I will look after you, and I will look after anybody you say needs to be looked after, any way you say.” – Maya Angelou
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
- “Moms are as relentless as the tides. They don’t just drive us to practice, they drive us to greatness.” – Steve Rushin
- “Being a mother meant sacrificing everything. Her words had the ring of truth.” – Milan Kundera
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” – Linda Wooten
- “There is an endearing tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “A mother is clothed with strength and dignity, laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks her words are wise and she gives instructions with kindness.” – Proverbs
- “The mother memories that are closest to my heart are the small, gentle ones…They have carried me through the years and given my life such a firm foundation that it does not rock beneath flood or tempest.” – Margaret Sanger
- “A Mother’s heart, a Mother’s faith, and a Mother’s steadfast love were fashioned by the Angels and sent from God above.”
- “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” – Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Charlie Benetto
- “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” – Susan Gale
- “Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there, it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” – Erich Fromm
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” – Maya Angelou
- “We are born of love; love is our mother.” – Rumi
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish proverb
- “For when a child is born the mother also is born again.” – Gilbert Parker
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still she will cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Unknown
- “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” – Stevie Wonder
- “There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.” – Archibald Thompson
To my mom, there are no words that can describe your steadfast love. You are my shoulder to cry on, and you supported me near or far. Thank you for everything you have sacrificed for me! I am blessed to have someone like you, the wind beneath my wings.
To my son, you are the reason why I celebrate this day. Thank you for the lessons your tiny hands have taught me. Thank you because, without you, I will never know what unconditional love is.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the beautiful and selfless mothers!
What are your favorite mother’s day quotes? Share your thoughts about your mom and your favorite quote in the comments below.
PINT IT! SHARE IT!