I don’t know about you, but in a world where there are so many questions, demands, and need from everyone around us, it becomes so highly evident that the only way you can stay afloat is to get to know yourself better. Because if you don’t, people’s opinions will always affect you, true or not. And the identity crisis will keep you from fulfilling who you are because all you do is what people expect of you. And no matter how our experiences in life help shape us, it does not mean that we already know who we truly are.
Just give it some thought that when you get to know yourself better, it can help you develop the areas you want to grow in and eliminate those that do not serve your purpose.
Getting to know yourself better is not an easy task and becomes uncomfortable sometimes because we are so used to comparing ourselves with others that somehow leads to our unhappiness. However, when we take some time to reflect on our thoughts, learn new things about ourselves, and find out who we are can be so liberating in more ways than one.
If you are uncertain where to begin, here are 39 questions to help you get to know yourself better.
Now ask yourself these questions:
- What do I like?
- What inspires me the most and why?
- What are my strengths?
- What makes me cry?
- What habits do I want to break?
- What am I most proud of
- What matters to me the most?
- What scares me the most?
- What do I admire in others?
- What makes me laugh?
- What makes me feel alive?
- What are my goals (short or long term)?
- How do I like to spend my alone time?
- What are my values and beliefs?
- What do I love to do?
- What do I want to change in myself (personality)?
- What do I wish I can do more of
- If life stops today, what are my regrets?
- What are my biggest mistakes in life? Did I learn from them?
- What do I love and hate about myself?
- What are my hobbies?
- If I can be anywhere right now, where would I be?
- What advice will I give myself ten years ago? Five years ago?
- How often do I think of the past? Does it still bother me? Why?
- What would I like to ask myself?
- What do I like to talk about
- What am I looking forward to in the coming months?
- How many do I consider as my true friends?
- What makes me anxious?
- Which childhood memory makes me happy or sad?
- Am I worthy of love and happiness?
- What new activities am I interested in and why?
- What is my weakness?
- How do I uplift my mood?
- Who do I miss the most right now?
- What life lessons did I learn the hard way?
- How would I describe myself?
- How do I want to be remembered in life?
- Does life get better as I get older?
Get to know yourself before you get to know others. That is the truth!
Consider that when you want to get to know yourself better, it is like researching, exploring, and investigating something. You have to dig in deeper to find the answers and figure out how to discover who you are deep down inside. You owe it to yourself to uncover more of who you are and allow it to improve your life in so many different ways.
Self-acceptance is the key to self-love. And that is the beauty of it; you learn, change, and grow because this is a lifelong process. You have to peel one layer at a time to discover more of what is underneath your skin.
So, never lose the quality of life you deserve, but rather enhance it by getting to know yourself better and bring those opportunities to light and uncover snippets of yourself that may somehow amaze you because you finally found a rich and colorful life.
P.S. Do not let life pass you by without knowing who you are deep down inside. Life is short. Live it out loud!
P.P.S. 39 questions to get to know yourself better for my 39th birthday! Sharing them all with you! My heart is full!
PIN IT! SHARE IT!