I keep falling for fall! Although summer will always be my favorite, there are so many reasons to love this season. The crisp air, the autumn sky, the leaves start falling, and it is time to slow down from all the summer shenanigans! And to give you more inspiration, these beautiful fall quotes are the perfect way to welcome the season.
Ready for the sweater weather, fluffy scarves, boots, pumpkins, and hot apple ciders? With the ever-changing scenery when we welcome fall each year, golden hues and leaves start turning to beautiful shades of orange, red, and yellow. A beautiful transition of stunning foliage can sometimes take your breath away!
So, let’s soak in the beauty this season brings, and who knows, you will fall madly in love with fall too.
Here are the most beautiful fall quotes for the coziest time of the year:
- “It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” – Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
- “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves. – Virginia Woolf
- “There is something so special in the early leaves drifting from the trees–as if we are all to be allowed a chance to peel, to refresh, to start again.” – Ruth Ahmed
- “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.” – Shira Tamir
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” – Andrea Gibson
- “Autumn leaves are falling, filling up the streets; golden colors on the lawn, nature’s trick or treat!” – Rusty Fischer
- “Let misty autumn be our part! / The twilight of the year is sweet: / Where shadow and the darkness meet / Our love, a twilight of the heart / Eludes a little time’s deceit.” – Ernest Dawson
- “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
- “The first breath of autumn was in the air, a prodigal feeling, a feeling of wanting, taking, and keeping before it is too late.” – J.L. Carr
- “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves. – Joe L. Wheeler
- “Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love—that makes life and nature harmonize.” – George Eliot
- “Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.” – Delia Owens
- “Autumn… the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William Cullen Bryant
- “And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened.” – Raquel Franco
- “Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have.” – Unknown
- “The heart of autumn must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves.” – Charlotte Bates
- “If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour.” – Victoria Erickson
- “A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long. – E.E. Cummings
- “Only lovers / see the fall / a signal end to endings / a gruffish gesture alerting / those who will not be alarmed / that we begin to stop / in order simply / to begin / again.” – Maya Angelou
- Autumn killed the summer with the softest kiss. – Unknown
- “I see the turning of a leaf dancing in the autumn sun, and brilliant shades of crimson glowing when the day is done.” – Hazelmarie “Mattie” Elliot
- “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” -George Eliot
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Bronte
- “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
- “I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweetest chill of pumpkin and crisp sunburnt leaves.” – Unknown
- “A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye.” – Unknown
- “Autumn is the season of change.” – Taoist Proverb
Fall is a truly magical and soulful season with an enchanting show that nature offers us, a spectacle of colors, a gorgeous landscape to enjoy every precious moment.
May these beautiful fall quotes inspire you throughout the season.
P.S. Behold the changing leaves and crisp autumn breeze!
PIN IT! SHARE IT!