Fall has finally arrived, and while the leaves have started to change colors, it is also a time where some people can feel a little down. There are a few fall activities to lift your mood or stay positive during this season of life. It’s time to get back into the swing of things, and with all this rain, it feels like a good time to hibernate. But don’t let these gloomy days keep you down! There are plenty of activities that will help bring your mood up.
As the leaves start to change their colors and fall from the trees, it’s time for us to take a break from our busy lives. And whether you want to pick up some new hobbies or need an excuse to spend time with your friends, this list of things will help you get into that autumn mood.
Here is a list of 13 fall activities to lift your mood and will leave you feeling rejuvenated and ready for what the winter holds.
1. Get outside and enjoy the crisp fall air
2. Take a hike in the woods – it’s good for your mental health
3. Cook some comfort food to make you feel better when you’re feeling down
4. Read a book by an author that makes you happy or brings back memories of happier times
5. Make time for self-care, even if it’s just taking 10 minutes to read your favorite magazine or drink tea while listening to music
6. Go on a shopping spree with friends – people who spend money are more likely to be happy!
Fall Activities to Lift Your Mood
7. Make some leaf art
8. Make some apple cider donuts!
9. Plan an adventure with friends or family – go camping, canoeing, hiking, or visit pumpkin patches
10. Volunteer at a soup kitchen for Thanksgiving Day dinner
11. Bake some of your favorite fall desserts like apple pie or pumpkin bread
12. Watch your favorite TV show or movie while snuggled up under a blanket with someone you love
13. Read an uplifting book – this can be anything from poetry to self-help books to children’s stories
The changing of the seasons is a natural way to reset your mind. And fall is a marvelous time to look back on things with fresh eyes because there are so many changes happening all around us! Take pictures of what you love about this season, or write down everything you’re grateful for in an autumn journal. This will helps put things into perspective when we get lost in our thoughts and feelings.
Fall is the perfect time to get outdoors and take in some of nature’s beauty. It is a great time to get out and enjoy the changing leaves, crisp air, and all of the other wonders that come with this season. What’s your favorite fall activity?
PS. It’s always nice to have something new to do every day to lift your mood and brighten your day!
PIN IT! SHARE IT!