Self care is a fundamental reminder that you and your needs are imperative in your daily life. Maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself is vital because it produces positive energy and feelings that automatically boost your self-confidence and self-esteem. Self-care is being kind to yourself as you are to others.
Caring for your body, mind, and spirit has a sweeping impact on your wellbeing. So, permit yourself to slow down, create your own space, and pay more attention to yourself and your needs. Don’t feel guilty giving time to yourself. You are worthy of that!
There are different categories when it comes to self-care. Sensory, Emotional, Spiritual, Physical, and Social. All are equally significant and play a big role in taking care of yourself.
So, let’s break it down!
Here is my list of self care ideas you can do at home:
- Sensory Self-care helps to calm the mind and allows you to live in the present moment.
(touch, smell, sound, sight)
- Soak up the sunshine
- Feel the water on your skin during a hot bath or shower
- Kick back and listen to music with your eyes closed
- Take a bite of your favorite chocolate
- Enjoy a cup of green tea
2. Physical Self-care is a physical activity that is good for your body and wellbeing and helps you relax.
- Do yoga
- Dance to your favorite song like nobody’s watching
- Make your bed
- Play with your dog or pet
- Commit to 8 hours of sleep every night
3. Emotional Self-care is to engage in your emotions. You are not to blame for the emotions you feel even if it is good or bad, accept them, and move on.
- Write down new affirmations
- Keep a daily journal where you can be honest about your true feelings
- Allow yourself to feel vulnerable and cry when you need to
- Sing along to songs that best express your emotions
- Be responsible for your actions
4. Spiritual self-care, get in touch with your values in life, and what matters most.
- Make a daily list of what you are grateful for
- Meditate daily
- Read an inspiring and uplifting book
- Spend time in nature and reflect on the beauty around you
5. Social Self-care, connecting with others is essential for happiness by choosing to do it with people who make you feel good.
- Make time to call or video call your mom
- Write an email to a friend or family who lives far away
- Reach out to someone you like but haven’t seen or spoken to in a while
- Consider joining a group of people you share the same interests with (Online groups works for now)
- Stop socializing with those who undermine you
Check out these great ideas on How to Pamper Yourself at Home (Tip: DIY Night Spa in the comfort of your home!)
You need to implement self-care into your daily routine. It is a step closer to achieving happiness in your life, especially in times like these. However, the main aim of self-care is to know your limits and finding a way to decompress throughout your day.
There are many proven benefits of self-care, feeling better, boosting immunity, increase in positive thinking, more productivity, and improved self-compassion.
Sure these are the things we need to focus on more while in isolation. The more we practice daily self-care, the calmer we become. Self-care is taking the time to love yourself and that there’s only one you. So, find the balance in your daily routine and identify what you enjoy doing. Take time to get to know yourself better.
Have I missed something? What are your self-care ideas at home? Leave a comment below!